Zurich reveals new executives for post-OnePath acquisition
Zurich's executive team has been named, to run the Australian life and investment business once OnePath's complete acquisition has run its course in early 2019.
- Tim Bailey - combined business chief executive
- Gavin Pearce - acting chief operating officer for Zurich life and investments, move from ANZ
- Don Sillar - OnePath sales head to depart, but will stay on during the transition
- Linda Griffin - head of customer and corporate affairs, move from ANZ
- Kieran Forde - strategic partnership with ANZ oversight, head of bancassurance and direct
- Kristine Brooks - head of distribution and marketing team for business
- Gerard Kerr - brand head of propositions, from OnePath
- Tim Howell - brand head of propositions, from Zurich
AMP shuffles execs
Luke Symons has been appointed as director of channel performance and growth at AMP, after David Akers moved into the role of acting group executive of advice. Akers is filling in for Anthony Regan.
MetLife appoints seven new staff
MetLife has made seven new appointments:
- Richard Holt - head of service delivery, internal move from head of sales development
- Simon Dent - national retail underwriting manager for NSW and QLD, external move from head of underwriting and new business at MLC
- Adrian Young - national retail underwriting manager for VIC, TAS, SA and WA, external move from BT Financial Group as Victorian state underwriting manager
- Fiona Quinn - senior retail underwriter, external move from AMP as manager of underwriting services operations for VIC, SA and WA
- Hadley Fredericks - senior retail underwriter, external move from Zurich Life as senior underwriter
- Rachel Towell - state manager of NSW and ACT, external move from AIA Australia as state manager of NSW and ACT
- Stuart White - state manager of QLD, external move from AIA Australia as senior client development manager
NIBA announces winner of WA broker awards
The National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA) has announced the Western Australia regional award winners.
- Kim Gilbert - Zenith Insurance Services, Broker of the Year Award
- Marcus Pallotta - Marsh Risk Consulting, Young Professional Broker of the Year Award
FPA awards - open for nominations
Nominations are now open for the annual Financial Planning Association (FPA) awards, with winners to be announced at the FPA Professionals Congress in Sydney in November. Click here for more information.