IOOF appoints general manager of advice
Darren Whereat is to move into the general manager of advice role at IOOF, moving from his current role as the ANZ general manager of aligned licensees and advice standards. The general manager of advice role has been newly created, commencing as of October 2018.
TAL customer operations head appointed
Matt Paterson is TAL's new general manager of customer operations and underwriting, moving across from principal at a customer experience company, Limebridge Australia. Paterson takes over from David Campbell, who moved on to MetLife.
Zurich announces integrated leadership team
Zurich Australia has named its combined Australian Life & Investments leadership team.
- Tim Bailey - chief executive
- Gavin Pearce - former ANZ managing director of insurance, moving into chief operating officer of life and investments at Zurich
- Linda Griffin - former ANZ head of corporate affairs, moving into head of customer and corporate affairs at Zurich
- Kristine Brooks - currently Zurich chief distribution officer, expanded role leading distribution and marketing divisions in both ANZ and Zurich
- Matt Drennan - continues as head of savings and investments
- Gerard Kerr - formerly OnePath head of life insurance, moving into head of OnePath propositions and group insurance
- Tim Howell - continues as head of Zurich propositions
- Kieran Forde - former ANZ head of wealth solutions and partnerships, moving into Zurich as head of Bancassurance and direct
- Don Sillar - former ANZ Wealth head of sales, moving temporarily to OnePath head of sales until the transaction is complete
AFA board nominations open
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) is changing the board, with members nominating the new directors. The role of president, vice-president, and director in four states is open. The AFA board has nine directors who must stand for election every two years.
AFA and TAL Female Excellence in Advice award finalists announced
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has announced the finalists for the 2018 Female Excellence in Advice Award. Over 370 nominations and 44 applications were received, which is a record.
- Dominique Bergel-Grant, Leapfrog LIFE
- Joanna Ryan, Lumix Wealth
- Tonina Ciarrocchi, Alta Financial Planning
- Nicole Heales, Nicole Heales Financial
- Donna Lee Powell, DLP Life Design
- Heidi Schwegler, AHS Financial