CountPlus appoints financial officer
Laurent Toussaint will join CountPlus as financial officer in January 2018. Toussaint is currently the financial officer at Ambition.
Small Business Taskforce leader appointed
Mark Bouris will chair the Small Business Taskforce. Bouris is currently the founder and chair of Yellow Brick Road.
FPA award winners named
The winners of the FPA annual awards have been named.
- Michael Hayward of Capital Partners Private Wealth Advisers in Perth has been awarded the FPA Certified Financial Planner Professional of the Year Award
- Patricia Soares Garcia of WB Financial in Brisbane has been awarded the FPA Financial Planner AFP Award
- Adriana Brink of Alman Partners in Mackay has been awarded the FPA Paraplanner of the Year Award
- Azaria Bell of Griffith University was named as the FPA University Student of the Year
- Michael Forer of Next Level Financial Services in Melbourne was awarded the Gwen Fletcher Memorial Award
- Reuben Zelwer of Adapt Wealth Management in Melbourne was awarded the Future2 Community Services Award
Consumer Choice Award winners
The winners of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and Beddoes Institute’s joint initiative the Consumer Choice Awards have been announced. The winners are:
- Consumer Choice Award – Zurich
- Policyholder Choice Awards Value for money – AMP
- Best New Customer Service – MLC Life
- Most Satisfied Customer – Zurich
- Claimant Choice Awards Best Application Process – BT Financial Group
- Best Turnaround Time – OnePath
- Best Claims Staff – BT Financial Group
- Return to Health and Wellness – BT Financial Group
- Focus on Early Retirement – MLC Life
- Greatest Gain in Advocacy – Zurich
NAB general manager departs
Greg Miller has stepped down from his role as executive general manager of wealth advice at NAB. Miller has held the role since 2015.