AFA appoints new president and vice president
Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) members have elected Marc Bineham as the new national president, and Michael Nowak as vice president of the association. Deborah Kent has also been added to the board as treasurer, and Samantha Robinson is the state director of Victoria. Tim Ross is the state director of Queensland and Jeff Thurecht is the state director NSW and ACT. The other states were not required, as opposition was not declared.
AFA 2016 adviser and practice awards
The Association of Financial Advisers have released the names of the finalists in the Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year Awards. Winners will be declared on 7 October.
Adviser of the Year Finalists
- Darren Johns, Align Financial, NSW
- Jason Peterson, 5 Financial, NSW
- Gary Spencer, Spencer Private Wealth, NSW
Practice of the Year Finalists
- Henderson Maxwell, NSW - Sam Henderson
- Mediq Financial Services, VIC – Ravi Agarwal
- Navwealth Financial Group, NSW – Craig Banning
AFA and TAL Female Excellence in Advice Awards
Five finalists have been named in the AFA and TAL Female Excellence in Advice Awards.
- Amanda Cassar – Director and Financial Adviser, Wealth Planning Partners
- Lea Schodel – Financial Adviser, MHP Private Wealth
- Patricia Peters– Director and Certified Financial Planner, Peters McKeown
- Peita Diamantidis – Co-Founder and Financial Adviser, Caboodle Financial Services
- Susan Rallings – Senior Vice President, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management