ANZ appoints new sustainable finance head, head of Australian economics
ANZ has appointed Katherine Tapley, already acting, to the role of head of sustainable finance solutions, loans, and specialised finance. Tapley has been with ANZ since 2001, while also being a senior member of the sustainable finance solutions team since 2014. David Plank is the new head of Australian economics, as he shifts from Deutsche Bank as the head of fixed income and credit research Asia Pacific and head of macro research and strategy Australia and New Zealand. Plank succeeds Felicity Emmett who will stay on as a senior economist after stepping down from the role this year.
LGIAsuper appoints new chair
LGIAsuper has appointed John Smith, an independent director for three years, to the position of chair.
CFSGAM appoints new director of infrastructure investments
Colonial First State Global Asset Management has appointed Daniel Timms, who moves across from Origin Energy.
BTIM appoints new director
BT Investment Management has appointed a new non-executive director, Kathryn Matthews. Matthews also holds positions on the boards of Hermes Fund Managers, Rathbone Brothers, JP Morgan Chinese Investment Trust, Aperam, and the Montanaro UK Smaller Companies Investment Trust.
VicSuper appoints new CIO
Andrew Howard is the new head of investments, as chief investment officer, at VicSuper. Howard was most recently self-employed as a funds management consultant, and worked at Treasury Group (now Pacific Current Group).
NZ Financial Services Council appoints Richard Klipin
Richard Klipin, former Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and Millennium3 chief executive, has been appointed to New Zealand's Financial Services Council (FSC).
Cbus appoints new GM of investments taxation
Daryn Loo has been appointed as the general manager of investments taxation at Cbus, after joining from Deloitte as a tax director.
CBA director retires
Sir John Anderson, non-executive director at the Commonwealth Bank, has retired after serving on the board since 2007.
IOOF redundancies and new appointments
IOOF has made several product distribution team members redundant after a restructure. Some roles have been completely removed, while others have been shifted interstate, as part of a more national strategy is put into place.
- Steve Black is the new head of client delivery (moved from head of IOOF Employer Super)
- Daniel Dalton is the new head of specialist solutions (moved from head of investment sales)
- Julie Wise is the new head of sales enablement (former Queensland state manager)
2016 AIST Excellence Awards
The Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees has held its 2016 Awards for Excellence.
AIST - Communications Awards
- Best B2B Campaign - WA Super and HESTA
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign - QSuper and UniSuper
- Best Direct Mail Campaign - QSuper and First State Super
- Best Integrated Campaign - CareSuper, VicSuper and HESTA
- Best Internal Communications Campaign - Hostplus and Sunsuper
- Platinum Communications Award Winner - CareSuper and VicSuper
- Outstanding Trustee Director - Lisa Darmanin, HESTA
- Outstanding Fund Staff Member - Dirk Dobbs, Business Strategy Adviser at HESTA
- Best Internal Project - UniSuper and Tasplan Super
- Best Member-Facing Project - Sunsuper and Australian Catholic Superannuation and Retirement Fund
- Best Corporate Reporting - Cbus
Selecting Super - Super Fund of the Year
The 2016 Superannuation Fund of the Year was UniSuper, taking out three of the top prizes - MySuper Product of the Year and the Retirement Select Choice Product of the Year.
- QSuper won the Lifestage Product of the Year Award
- Statewide Super won the Workplace Select Choice Product of the Year Award
- HESTA won Personal Super for Personal Select Choice Product of the Year
- IOOF Employer Super won Workplace Product of the Year
- ANZ Smart Choice Super won Personal Product of the Year
- Colonial First State First State Wholesale Pension won Retirement Product of the Year
- Sunsuper and AIA both won insurance Workplace Offering of the Year
- Select Super and Hannover Life Re both won Personal Insurance Offering of the Year
- CareSuper won the Long Term Performance Award
- Suncorp Everyday Super for Business won the Innovation Award for Millennial Superannuation
- HOSTPLUS won the Investment Leadership Award
- Frontier Advisors won the Asset Consultant Award
- Heffron won the SMSF Administrator Product of the Year Award
- BUSSQ won the Consumer Choice Award