Zurich puts together specialist content-production team
A national team has been established by Zurich to create and present life insurance content such as webinars and workshops in anticipation of Macquarie Life joining Zurich. The team is made up of business development managers Jessica Brady and Danielle Visser, and Zurich's Western Australian manager, David Rees.
MetLife appoints three new senior staff
- James Carey, ex-AIA Australia, is in the newly-created role of head of reinsurance and regulatory affairs.
- Ex-AMP Financial Services, Holly Dorber, is the new head of government affairs and public policy.
- Stephen Varney has been moved from within MetLife to take on the role of head of individual pricing and affiliate.
PPS Mutual accredits 80 advisers
PPS Mutual has put 80 advisers to work on its insurance suite across Australia. New to the risk market, PPS Mutual specialises in professional medical, commercial legal, and industrial sectors, and offers business expenses, blood-borne disease, and child cover alongside the four main life insurance products.
YBR job cuts due to franchising
Yellow Brick Road is transitioning to a franchise model, and as such, staff are being cut. Matt Lawler, wealth management chief executive, resigned, and a new role has been created for general manager. This appointment will combine the job of the chief executive and national manager. Management-level roles are being disbanded.
SMSF Awards 2016
AIA Australia has won Best Insurance Provider at the 2016 self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) awards.
FPA opens annual award nominations
The Financial Planning Association (FPA) has opened award submissions for 2016 (closing 2 September). The awards include:
- Certified Financial Planner of the Year Award
- Financial Planner AFP of the Year Award
- Future Community Service Award
- University Student of the Year Award
- Paraplanner of the Year Award
- Professional Practice of the Year Award