ASIC has released its latest market integrity report, covering the second half of 2016. The report details the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) activity.
What has ASIC been up to?
- Looking at ASX stability and making recommendations on tech risks going forward
- Improving compliance standards by imposing licence conditions
- Investigating confidential information and conflicts of interest, and providing recommendations for improvements
- Ensuring systems and controls for market integrity are in place and enforced
- Improving 'cleanliness' and leaks from the market
- Acting to deter market manipulations and insider trading
- Giving out infringement notices via the Markets Disciplinary Panel (MDP)
ASIC has laid out its plans for the coming year, with the priorities being:
- Company culture and conduct risks
- Confidential information handling and conflicts of interest
- Technology risk and cyber resilience
- Market innovation