Countplus hires new CEO
Matthew Rowe is the new chief executive and managing director of Countplus, replacing Phil Aris in both jobs. Aris resigned in February 2017. Rowe is the former chair of the Financial Planning Association.
NAB makes new appointments
Former NSW premier Mike Baird is the new chief customer officer for corporate and institutional banking at National Australia Bank (NAB). Sharon Cook is the new chief legal and commercial counsel, moving across from King & Wood Mallesons, while Patrick Wright is chief technology and operations officer, moving across from Barclays.
ANZ tackles culture with new hire
ANZ has appointed Kathryn van der Merwe as group executive of talent and culture, leading the human resources functions from May 2017. Van der Merwe, who shifted to ANZ from Bain & Company, takes over from deputy chief executive Graham Hodges who has been acting chief human resources officer after Susie Babani left in late 2016.
Zurich adds to Life Risk Sales team with 11 hires
Zurich has appointed 11 new sales team members.
- Nathan Taggart is the new head of strategic development (internal promotion replacing Tim Atley)
- Tim Atley joins the national Strategic Accounts team
- Eight new BDMs - Annqua Murray, James O'Dwyer, Tanya Woolnough, Emily Cossignani, Andrew Roberts, Sarah Nichols, Richard Burton, and Steve Coyle
- Liz Versace is a business support officer
- Heena Mulchandani is a new business development associate