MetLife appoint new COO
David Campbell is the new chief operating officer at MetLife Australia as part of the company's leadership team, as of mid-September. Campbell moves across from TAL Life in the general manager of customer operations and underwriting role, which he has held for three years.
MLC welcomes new, farewells old CEO
National Australia Bank (NAB) has appointed a new chief executive to MLC, Geoff Lloyd, from 1 September. Lloyd spent the past six years at Perpetual as chief executive and managing director. Rob Adams replaces Lloyd at Perpetual.
Deanne Stewart is leaving MetLife after four years as chief executive, moving on to First State Super (FSS) to succeed Michael Dwyer. Dwyer has held the CEO role of FSS since 2004.
NIBA regional broker awards
The National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA) has announced the winners of the QLD, NSW/ACT, and SA/NT Broker Awards, with winners going on to compete in the national awards.
- Steven Hill - Capital Innovation Australia, QLD - Broker of the Year
- Steven Purser - PSC Insurance Group, QLD - Young Professional Broker of the Year
- John G Duncan - JMD Ross Insurance Brokers, NSW/ACT - Broker of the Year
- Craig Anderson - Austbrokers ABS, NSW/ACT - Young Professional Broker of the Year Award
- Joanne Tutton - Gallagher - Broker of the Year
- Daniel Webber - Webber Insurance Services - Young Professional Broker of the Year