AustralianSuper appoints new head of investments
Damian Moloney has been appointed as head of investments for Europe by AustralianSuper. Moloney was previously chief executive at Frontier Advisors.
Mercer appoints superannuation head
Darren Stevens has been appointed as head of superannuation at Mercer. Stevens was previously director of product management and strategy at Bravura Solutions.
FSC appoints deputy chair and director
Brian Benari has been appointed as co-deputy chair of the Financial Services Council (FSC). Benari is currently chief executive at Challenger. Marianne Perkovic has been appointed as director of the FSC. Perkovic is currently executive general manager of Commonwealth Private at Commonwealth Bank.
NGS appoints investment officer
Ben Squires has been appointed as investment officer at NGS Super. Squires was previously an executive manager of investments at NGS Super.
Fidelity appoints new head
Richard Dinham has been appointed as head of client solutions and retirement at Fidelity International, a newly-created role. Dinham was previously head of research at Macquarie.
IOOF appoints research head
Matt Olsen has been appointed as head of research and portfolio construction at IOOF. Olsen was previously chief executive of research at Lonsec.
Perennial appoints investment specialist
Hugo Brettingham-Moore has joined Perennial as an investment specialist in the Melbourne retail distribution team. Brettingham-Moore was previously a senior analyst at JBWere.
Trustee of the Year winner announced
Angela Emslie has been named as the winner of the 2018 Trustee of the Year. Emslie is currently an independent chair of HESTA and a director of the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment.
2018 Green Bond Pioneer Award winners announced
The winners of the 3rd Annual Green Bond Pioneer Awards (GBPA) were announced at the Climate Bonds Annual Conference. The winners are:
- Largest Single Bond to a trillion market – Republic of France
- Largest Overall Issuer to a trillion market – Fannie Mae
- New Countries Taking Green Bonds Global – Tadau Energy (Malaysia)
- New Products – Green Sukuk – Tadau Energy
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – First Abu Dhabi Bank (UAE)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – CDL Properties (Singapore)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – Federal Government of Nigeria
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – Republic of Fiji
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – La Rioja Province (Argentina)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – Repower (Switzerland)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – CMP (Chile)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – Lietuvos Energija (Lithuania)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – Contact Energy (New Zealand)
- New Countries taking Green Bonds Global – Gen-I Sonce (Slovenia)
- Green Bond Regulator 2017 – China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC)
- Green Bond Regulator 2017 – Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Green Bond Champion 2017 – Dr. Ma Jun China
- Green Bond Champion 2017 – Anthony Requin
- Largest Certified Climate Bond – NY MTA
- First Climate Bonds Certified Green Loan Program – Contact Energy
- Largest External Reviewer – Sustainalytics
Certificates of Recognition
- Exchanges introducing new listing guidelines in 2017 – Taipei Stock Exchange
- Exchanges introducing new listing guidelines in 2017 – Borsa Italiana
- Exchanges introducing new listing guidelines in 2017 – Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- First Corporate bonds in countries – Poland – Bank Zachodni
- First Corporate bonds in countries – Finland – Fingrid
- First City/sub sovereigns in countries – Denmark – KommuneKredit
2018 Rockstar of the Year award winners announced
The fundraiser ended up raising more than $300,000 on the night. All proceeds went towards three charities: RAISE, which offers best-practice youth mentoring programs; Learning Links, which helps children with learning difficulties and disabilities; and Mirabel, which helps orphaned or abandoned children.
George Hadja from Montgomery Investment Management won the 2018 Rockstar of the Year Award as well as taking home the Perpetual Make Artist Award for his rendition of Gavin de Graw’s ‘I don’t want to be’. Other awardees and participants include:
- Ironbark Best New Talent Award – Scarlett Dorney (BlackRock) – Aqua’s Barbie Girl
- Chris Brookman (Macquarie) – Rick Springfield’s Jessie’s Girl
- Colonial First State Best Returning Talent Award – Aaron Gascoigne (PM Capital) – The Knack’s My Sharona/Europe’s Final Countdown
- PJ Cameron (Morningstar) – Cutting Crew’s I just died in your arms tonight
- Janus Henderson People’s Choice Award – Jodie Hanson (ANZ) – Elle King’s X’s and Oh’s
- Challenger Runner-Up Award – Heena Geronimo (Profusion) – Wild Cherry’s Play that funky music
- Chelsea Smith (BT Financial Group) – Blackstreet’s No Diggity
- Ke Zhang (NMG Group) – Shocking Blue’s Venus
- Tim Sanderson (Colonial First State) – Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger
- UBS Band’s Choice Award – Dinah Sutton (Fidelity) – Republica’s Ready to Go
- ANZ Best Female Artist Award – Sana’a Shaik (Challenger) – Mary Mary’s Shackles
- Linda Stojanovska (Perpetual) – Dirty Dancing’s Time of My Life
CBA makes changes to executive team
Group executive of human resources, Melanie Laing, group executive of institutional banking and marketing, Kelly Bayer Rosmarin, and group executive of enterprise service and chief information officer David Whiteing will be leaving Commonwealth Bank in the coming months.