TAL appoints manager
Lisa Larkin has been appointed as national manager of strategic business development at TAL. Larkin was previously head of clients and strategic management at TAL.
AIA Australia appoints chief
Charlotte Wards has been appointed as chief of people and culture at AIA Australia. Ward previously led BP’s global capability development and served as director of BP’s Global Leadership Academy.
KPMG appoints insurance and wealth lead
Tim Thomas has been appointed as the lead partner of KPMG’s insurance and wealth strategy advisory practice. Thomas was previously regional vice president of Prudential Financial at KPMG.
CBA appoints executive officer
Matt Comyn has been appointed as executive officer at the Commonwealth Bank (CBA), effective 9 April. Comyn is currently group executive of retail banking services at CBA.
AMP appoints chief financial and chief operating officer in one
John Moorhead has been appointed as joint chief financial and chief operating officer at AMP Capital. Moorhead was previously chief operating officer at Fidelity International’s Eight Roads.
CBA appoints new managing director
Stephen Halmarick has been appointed as head of global markets research, a newly-created role. Halmarick was previously chief economist for Colonial First State Asset Management.
AMP awards advisers at Advice Summit
AMP has awarded leading advisers and practices at its recent Advice Summit. The winners are:
AMP Financial Planning
- AMPFP Adviser of the Year – Les McGuire, Future Proof Financial Planning, NSW
- AMPFP New Practice of the Year – Advice 4 You, Fitzroy, VIC
- AMPFP Practice of the Year – Blazer Wealth, Kew, VIC
- AMPFP New Adviser of the Year – Wade Vautier, Community Financial Services, Geelong, VIC
- AMPFP Value of Advice Award – Michael Gibb, Harrison York, Greenslopes, QLD
- Charter National New Adviser of the Year – Andrew Martin, CBS Financial, VIC
- Charter State Advisers of the Year: Trina Wood (NSW-ACT), Darryl Prenzler (QLD), Darren Thomas (SA-NT), Alison Greenwood (VIC-TAS) and Craig Gibson (WA)
- Charter National Practice of the Year – TFC Financial, Toowoomba City, QLD
- Charter National Value of Advice Award – Gino Saggiomo, Rothgard Financial Partners, Fortitude Valley, QLD
- Charter Gerald Lippman Perpetual Trophy winner – Alex Brown, All Financial Services, Darwin, NT
- Hillross Financial Freedom Achievement Award – Mary Barker, Mary Barker Financial Planning, Sydney, NSW
- Hillross Advisory Firm of the Year – Prosperity Wealth Advisers, Sydney, NSW
- Hillross Professional Excellence Award – Acuity Advisers, West Perth, WA
- Hillross Financial Adviser of the Year – Kate O’Brien, Edney Ryan Wealth Management, Mosman, NSW
- Hillross New Adviser of the Year – Rebecca Kopon, Coral Coast Financial Planning, Cairns, QLD
BTIM investment officer retires
BT Investment Management investment officer Michael Bargholz has announced his retirement, effective 30 July 2018.