ClearView announces new chief underwriter
Warren Page has been announced as ClearView's new chief underwriter. Page was previously chief underwriter at AMP and underwriting and operations manager for AIA Australia in NSW.
AFA announces 2017 awards finalists
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has announced the finalists for the AFA Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year Awards, as well as the Female Excellence in Advice and Rising Star of the Year Awards.
The finalists for the Adviser of the Year Award 2017 are:
- Glen James from Fortify Financial, NSW
- Julia Schortinghuis from Lighthouse Capital, WA
- Charlie Fraser from Shadforth Financial Group, QLD
The finalists for the Practice of the Year Award 2017 are:
- MEDIQ (VIC)
- PFG Financial Services (VIC)
- Australian Financial Risk Management (NSW)
The finalists for the Female Excellence in Advice (FEIA) Award are:
- Lea Schodel, founder of Wellthy
- Sacha Burchgart, founder and managing director at Burcheart
- Christina Cabrera, founder of Wisdom of Wealth for Women
- Nicole Heales, principal adviser and broker at Nicole Heales Financial
- Tracy Sofra, principal financial planner at Sofcorp Financial Services
The finalists for the AFA Rising Star of the Year Award 2017 are:
- Andrew Debono, financial adviser at Announcer Group
- Lauren Walker, private client adviser at EUROZ Securities Limited
- Keats Brydon, financial adviser at Finn Financial Planning
- Mia Taylor, financial adviser at Evalesco Financial Services
- Sam Jewell, financial adviser at Rising Tide Financial Services
- Karlee Hoog-Antink, financial adviser at Elder Financial Planning Mackay
NIBA announces 2017 award winners
- Brett Piggott of Willis Temby Insurance Brokers in WA has been announced as the winner of the 2017 QBE-sponsored Stephen Ball Memorial Award for Insurance Broker of the Year. Piggott has also won a $20,000 travel and education prize.
- Adam Ware of BJS Insurance Brokers in Gippsland Victoria has been announced as the winner of the 2017 Vero-sponsored Warren Tickle Award for Young Professional Broker of the Year.
- GCU has been announced as General Insurer of the Year.
- Jeff Murdoch, director of Emjay Insurance Brokers has been announced as the winner of the 2017 Lex McKeown Trophy.