AMP appoints MD, new executives
After choosing to combine multiple businesses, AMP has brought in new executives. AMP Financial Planning, AMP Advice, AMP Horizons and AMP Direct will now be run under new managing director Michael Paff. The new executive director of advice is Michael Guggenheimer; Hillross is being managed by Dean Thomas; Charter is being managed by Neil Swindells; Jigsaw is being run by Chris Digby; and Dave Akers is the new director of channel strategy and services.
FSC hires Kirwan to implement Code of Practice
The Financial Services Council has appointed Nick Kirwan to help implement the Australian Life Insurance Code of Practice, mandatory for all member companies as of 1 July 2017. Kirwan is a British import for our insurance industry, working with MLC Life Insurance and MetLife here, and British insurance companies back home.
The Financial Services Council (FSC) has announced the insurance industry award winners for 2017.
- AIA's head of retail risk, optimisation and compliance, Kathleen Williams, won the Young Achiever Award
- BT Financial Group's head of life operations, Scott Moffitt, won Industry Leader Award
- BTFG's 'Measuring Health Outcomes' submission won the Industry Research Award, while CBA's 'Back to Wellness Program' was highly commended
- AIA's Vitality won the Consumer Innovation Award, with AMP's MyLife highly commended
- MLC's general manager of retail sales and retail advice, Russell Hannah, was given the Industry Mentor Award