Cbus investment team expansion
Patricia Lindenboim has been appointed as the head of strategy and investment innovation at Cbus’ Sydney office. Lindenboim was previously head of portfolio management at NAB.
Elizabeth Weston has been appointed as head of legal and governance, to be based in Melbourne. Weston moves across from River and Mercantile Group.
Sanjay Magotra has been appointed as portfolio manager of equities in the public market and will be based in Melbourne. Magotra was previously portfolio manager at Integrity Investment Management.
VicSuper financial officer named
Sam Horskins as been appointed as financial officer at VicSuper, taking over from Ruby Chi. Horskins was previously financial officer as OAMPS Group.
APRA announces new general manager
Therese McCarthy-Hockey has been appointed as executive general manager of strategy and chief risk officer at the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA). McCarthy-Hockey was previously chief operating officer of treasury and UK treasurer at Deutsche Bank London.
Vision Super appoints technology head
James Milne has been appointed as head of technology at Vision Super, a newly-created role. Milne was previously manager of quality, risk and processing at KPMG.
AIST awards winners
The winners of the 10th annual AIST Awards for Excellence were announced in Melbourne. The winners are:
- HESTA – best B2B campaign
- UniSuper – best digital campaign (under $40k budget)
- Hostplus – best digital campaign (over $40k budget)
- Sunsuper – best direct mail campaign (under $40k budget)
- Mercy Super – best direct mail campaign (over $40k budget)
- HESTA – best integrated campaign (under $40k budget)
- Statewide Super – best integrated campaign (over $40k budget)
- HESTA – best internal communications campaign
- Hostplus – Platinum communications award for excellence
- Sunsuper – best internal project (FUM over $10 billion)
- Tasplan – best internal project (under $10 billion)
- VicSuper – best member facing project (FUM over $10 billion)
- BUSSQ – best member facing project (FUM under $10 billion)
- Cbus – best corporate reporting
Leader development scholarships
- Jan Dekker (Equip) – outstanding trustee director
- Emily Jackett (legalsuper) – outstanding fund staff member
General manager leaves Westpac
Jayne Opperman, general manager of business integration at Westpac, has left after two years. Opperman will move to Citi.
Vanguard investment officer departs
Mary McLaughlin, senior investment specialist at Vanguard, has left after seven months in the position.
BUSSQ chair steps down
Bob Lette, chairman of BUSSQ, is stepping down after 33 years serving on the board.