Former J.P. Morgan chief joins Future Fund
Robert Priestley has joined Future Fund’s Board of Guardians, replacing Steven Harker. Priestley was previously chief executive of J.P. Morgan Australia and New Zealand, and continues to be a non-executive chair.
WTW expands Sydney investment team
- Oliver Berry has been appointed as senior portfolio specialist at Willis Towers Watson (WTW). Berry was previously a director at BlackRock.
- Kathereen Carebros has been appointed as senior analyst at WTW. Carebros was previously a senior analyst at NAB.
- Ricky Wang has been appointed as an analyst at WTW. Wang was previously a senior funds administrator at BNP Paribas.
Frontier Advisors hires specialist
Nam Tran has been appointed as a specialist consultant at Frontier Advisors. Tran was previously associate director of institutional banking at NAB.
CIMA appoints chairs
- Pauline Vamos has been appointed as chair of the CIMA Society of Australia. Vamos is also currently chief executive of governance research and engagement firm Regnan, a director of the Banking and Finance Oath, and director of Mercer Australia
- Marsha Beck has been appointed as deputy chair - currently the global head of account management and consultants at AMP Capital
- Tim Macready - currently investment officer at Christian Super
- Mirko Cugura - currently investment officer at Innate Financial Services Group
Perpetual names manager
Amanda Gillespie has been appointed to the newly-created role of general manager of client solutions and strategy at Perpetual. Gillespie was previously chief executive at Lonsec.
Perpetual executive departure
Geoff Lloyd will be stepping down from his role of executive officer on 30 June 2018.
Aurora finance officer terminated
Betty Poon has been terminated from her position as financial officer at Aurora Funds Management. This decision came after $1 million was withdrawn from the bank account of a listed Aurora vehicle. Poon’s involvement is still unclear.