REST appoints new GM of investments
REST Industry Super has appointed Brendan Casey as its general manager of investments. Casey moves across from head of investment operations and control at Suncorp.
Super SA appoints two new board members
Super SA has appointed Annette Hurley and Richard Dennis to the board. Hurley, replacing Philip Jackson, has a history in politics, being a former federal senator for South Australia and former deputy leader of the South Australian Labor Party for five years, now retired from politics. Dennis is replacing Don Farrell.
Suncorp executive appointments
Fiona Thompson is the new chief risk officer at Suncorp. David Carter is the new chief executive of banking and wealth. Kate Olgers is now chief legal officer. All are internal promotions.
Perpetual appoints new executive director
After the resignation of David Kiddie, Perpetual Equity Investment Company (PIC) has appointed Geoff Lloyd.
First Super appoints co-chair
Lisa Marty is the new co-chair of First Super, after being on the board for four years. Marty was previously the chief executive of the Victorian Association of Forestry Industries, and is a director of Skills Impact, and a former director of the Australian Forest Products Association and Timber Training Creswick. Marty shares the role with Michael O'Connor.
Cbus appoints investment manager
Cbus has appointed Alexandra West to the role of investment manager, innovation and strategy, after being an independent adviser to institutions for a decade.
BTIM appoints group executive, international
A newly-created role has been filled by Gavin Rochussen, the group chief executive of BT Investment Management (BTIM) in London's J O Hambro Capital Management. Ken Lambden has been appointed as chief executive officer at JOHCM Group, and will be a member of BTIM's global executive committee.
Bankwest MD resigns
Bankwest's managing director Rob De Luca is to leave the Commonwealth Bank Group at the end of the 2016 after four years.
Australian Hedge Fund Awards
- Best Hedge Fund - Regal Funds Management
- Best Investor Supporting Australian Managers - NWQ Capital Management
- Best Offshore Manager - Aspect Capital
- Contribution of the Australian Hedge Fund Industry - Jon Pye
- Best Long-short Equity Fund - The Regal Atlantic Absolute Return Fund
- Best Global Macro - ISAM Systematic Trend Fund
- Best Market Neutral Strategy - Bennelong Long Short Equity Fund
- Best Multi-Strategy Fund - CQS Directional Opportunities Fund
- Best Fixed Income and Credit Fund - BlueBay Credit Alpha Long Short Fund
- Best Emerging Manager - Antipodes