AFA Appoints New Staff
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has recruited three new staff, the fifth in the past six months.
- Troy Nutley is a former Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) case manager now the senior adviser of policy, professionalism and marketing, a new role.
- Peter Windle is now the general manager of financial operations.
- Natasha Raleigh is now the events manager for the AFA.
- Roz Kaye is the new member services manager.
- Nick Hakes has an expanded role now covering member services and partnerships, plus his usual job of campus AFA work.
FSC Appoints New Board Member
The Financial Services Council (FSC) has a new board member direct from TAL, Brett Clark. Brett Clark also co-chairs the FSC's life board committee, and is a director at Dai-ichi Life Australia and TAL Superannuation.
AMP Capital Appoints Multi-Asset Portfolio Manager
Darren Beesley has been appointed as a new portfolio manager for AMP Capital's multi-asset group, moving across from IAG Asset Management.
Actuaries Institute Appoints New President
Lindsay Smartt is the new Actuaries Institute president. Smartt is on the board at four Westpac/BT insurance subsidiaries, and is chair of the Board Audit Committees and a board member of the Risk Committees.
ANZ and Macquarie Blend Oasis, Dropping Staff
ANZ and Macquarie have developed a new wrap platform for ANZ advisers whereby ANZ's business Oasis will be taken over by Macquarie. ANZ staff at Oasis will be reduced as the business is transferred, and Macquarie's staff takes over the business.
Chief Investment Officer of the Year shortlist:
- Cbus – Kristian Fok and Trish Donohue
- First State Super – Richard Brandweiner
- Kinetic – Paul Kessell
2016 Conexus Financial Superannuation Awards
In a disappointing turn of events, there will be no innovation award at this year's awards due to a lack of innovation.