Suncorp execs swap roles for a year
Starting from 2017, Suncorp's head of wealth and life intermediaries Mark Vilo and head of bank intermediaries Steven Degetto will swap roles for one year.
MetLife appoints head of people and culture
MetLife has appointed Allyson Carlile to the role of head of people and culture, with Carlile moving across from NAB Asset Management.
Challenger promotes two execs
Chief executive of distribution, marketing and research at Challenger, Paul Rogan, announced his departure, with the role being filled by Richard Howes, who is the chief executive of Challenger Life. Chris Plater, executive officer and chief investment officer, is replacing Howes.
Head of advice, Rob Caprioli, and head of life insurance, Pauline Blight-Johnston, are leaving AMP after a restructure. Caprioli is being replaced by the managing director of New Zealand, Jack Regan, who will become group executive of advice and New Zealand. Blight-Johnston is to be replaced by Megan Beer, the current director of insurance, who will become group executive of insurance. Current chief customer officer Paul Sainsbury is now a group executive of wealth solutions and customer, a new division.
The Financial Planning Association (FPA) has held its annual awards ceremony.
- FPA Certified Financial Planner Professional of the Year - Tony Sandercock, wetalkmoney, Queensland
- Associate Financial Planner of the Year - Cody Marmon, Meridian Wealth Management, Victoria
- Paraplanner of the Year - Cynthia Sercombe, Tupicoff's, Queensland
- Professional Practice of the Year - ipac Western Australia
- University Student of the Year - Bradley Alecksonof, Griffith University
- Gwen Fletcher Memorial Award - Cameron Obliubek, Bridges Financial Services, Victoria
- Future2 Community Service Award - Kathy Havers, Catalyst Financial Group, Victoria