Market Intelligence news, events, people, product updates and global research.
- Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority kicks off with new members
- Synchron appoints new state manager
- AMP restructures advice unit
- Suncorp appoints non-executive director
- Asteron Life product update
- AMP updates prices for Elevate, AMP FLP, National Mutual, ACL, Elevate product groups
- FPA announces alliance to get more women into finance
- OnePath is for sale, sort of
- Coles exits life market
- Fiducian expands advice business
- FSC releases draft standard for APLs (and Strategic Insight provides Life Insurance approved product list research)
- ASIC considers peer-reviewed bannings for adviser misconduct
- ASIC scrutinising direct sales tactics
Insurance companies may be using mental illness claimants' daily diaries inappropriately, with the AFA questioning its use, and proposing limitations be put into place to restrict such use.
An ongoing risk adviser sentiment survey conducted by Zurich has shown that advisers are slightly more optimistic than they have been across the past five years.
The latest MLC survey on consumers looks a bit closer at where Australians feel like they're at financially.
Institutional investors are asking for clear data on how their investments - or potential investments - are using ESG, to make choosing investments easier.
A survey on investment professionals relays their fears on the current geopolitical climate.
The Productivity Commission is excluding life insurance from its discussions about the superannuation system.
Research shows us (again) that having gender diverse boards is far more profitable than having single-sex executive teams.
Equity funds were in front, then mixed products, bond vehicles and guaranteed funds, though the gains were offset by real estate and other redemptions.